Ethical / Environment Policy:
Inkthreadable are dedicated to operating under ethical and environmentally friendly practices during our production processes. We're working hard to continue refining these processes because it's a commitment we don't take lightly. One of our main goals was to remove plastic packaging entirely from all orders we ship, and in April 2019 we achieved this! You can find out about our packaging and environmental policy as a whole below:
- All of our staff are paid above the national living wage, regardless of age.
- Our DTG printers use only water-based inks. They're OEKO-TEX® approved (they don't contain any regulated or unregulated chemicals harmful to the environment).
- Our catalogue offers a wide variety of organic and fair wear accredited garments.
- All the excess and waste cardboard and paper we produce is recycled.
- Waste ink is unavoidable, but we dispose of ours responsibily.
- Failed prints are also unavoidable, and as of March 2018 all products that fail quality checks will be donated to charity.
- DPD, one of our delivery partners, have a carbon neutral commitment.
- As of April 2019, the packaging used to ship all orders is 100% plastic free (with the exception of canvases which use a bio-degradable bubble wrap for protection).
- Some of our items are fully manufactured in the UK, by us, and you can be confident these are produced responsibly and ethically. These products include our tote bags, throw cushions and natural throw cushions.
- As of August 2019, Inkthreadable will be offsetting our Carbon Footprint by funding the planting of trees in the North West of England.
We're very open about our commitment to this ethics and environmental policy. If you'd like to talk to us about anything, or you have some suggestions on how we can do more, you can catch us on live chat by clicking the icon below. Alternatively, send us an email or call our office on 01254 777070.